The brass drain plug was super seized. I tried using an impact gun on it, but all that did was round out the head. Next I ground down the edges to use my long 19mm wrench on it, and that couldn't break it. Since I'm going to be getting a new plug anyway and I needed the oil out, I drilled right through, drained the oil, and will be dealing with that plug later.
Oil strainer, feed lines, and pump. Looking pretty clean.
Oil pump gears look good too, but I'll still need to measure the lash to make sure it's still in spec.
Con-rod bearings. No scoring I can feel with my fingertips, but don't look fantastic either. I foresee Plastigauge in my future and possibly new bearings.
Cam and lifters look to be in great shape, not pitting or scoring.
Rear crankshaft bearing removal
The crank looks to be in excellent shape, webbing and pins show no scoring or visible wear
Sludge trap, and the reason I did all this work. Don't have time to open it up and clean it out today, so to be continued on whether or not the complete tear down was worth it.
Engine internals, it looks like there's a lot more than there really is
Next up is the eventual sludge trap cleaning, cylinder Nikasil plating, head cleanup and eventual reassembly.